Friday 14 November 2014

Paneer Kulcha

Paneer Kulcha





The first time I tried this out I baked it in the oven and it was a big disaster. It was already lunch time and I had promised my husband something new for lunch. So I decided to fry it like a normal parantha. But when it went on the tava it swelled up beautifully and it was so tender that I had trouble flipping it over. 
It was a hit. It was ever so soft, so fingerlicking good. We had friends over for dinner the next day and I served this again. By this time I had tweaked and perfected the recipe for tava cooking. Everyone loved it. In fact most of my rice went untouched because the Paneer Kulcha won hands down. 

Ingredients

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
¾ cup curd
Water to knead
For the filling
400 gm paneer
Salt to taste

Mix together the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Now add the curd and mix well. Slowly add water and knead into a pliable dough. It will be a little soft. Cover and keep for 4 hours. 
Crumble the paneer and add salt. 
Make medium balls of the dough. You will make approximately 10 kulchas. Roll out each ball. Put a good amount of filling and close the dough. Roll it out again. 
Heat a tava. Put the rolled out kulcha on the tava. Cook on one side for a minute and then flip over. Apply oil and fry both sides well. 


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...