Wednesday 17 December 2014

Red Velvet Cookies

Red Velvet Cookies






Its Jingle Bells time. White snow. Rolly Polly Santa. Christmas Cake. Red Santa dress. Red velvet cookies seem apt for the season. 
Red Velvet cake is such a droolworthy sight. When I saw this Red Velvet Cookie on aspicyperspective I couldn’t stop myself from making them. The basic ingredient are the same the only difference being a thicker dough which makes it easier to roll out cookies. However I didn’t roll them out. I used my hands to make big balls and then pat them into squat discs. Very rustic looking cookies but were gobbled up within the hour. Ready to make another batch. 

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp red colour
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Sift together flour, baking powder and flour. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
 Beat together butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
 Add the red colour, vinegar and vanilla essence.
 Fold in the flour and knead gently. You will have a thick and sticky dough. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour so that the butter firms up again. 
Take out the dough from the refigerator. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Make walnut size balls of the dough. Press the balls with your palms to get round discs. Lay them out on a parchment paper on the baking tray. ake for 10 minutes. The cookies will be soft when you take them out of the oven but they will soon harden up. 




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...