Sunday 14 June 2015

OMG Cake

  
 OMG Cake







This is going to be my OMG!! Cake!!!

Why OMG? Because it was so so soft that while cutting the cake i had a rapturous look on my face. And the taste...ummm can’t even begin to describe!! You have to make it to believe it!! 

This cake was the result of poorly stocked pantry. I began with a marmalade cake in mind but then I had no marmalade and no fresh oranges. So I used what I could lay my hands on. Pineapple jam and orange juice from a tetra pack!!

 I thought that pineapple and orange should make a good flavoursome combination. And to be honest even I was taken aback by the beauty of the cake. It was super moist..like I said when I was cutting into it I was filled was amazement and wonderment. 

The cake was cut and consumed in a matter of minutes. And I miss it sorely!! Gonna bake one more!!

Ingredients

1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup oil
½ cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1/3 cup marmalade/pineapple jam
100 ml orange juice

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Line and grease a 8” cake tin.
Cream butter, oil and sugar till pale and fluffy.
 Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
 Add the marmalade and mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to the batter. 
Add the orange juice and mix well.
 Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...