Thursday 13 March 2014

Hare Matar ki gravy

Hare matar ki gravy


Winter is bidding us adieu..n with it is taking away all the lovely, fresh, green veggies. My kitchen garden looks morose during summers. It potatoes, okra and bottle gourd time. Alas my fresh peas will no more be available. Those frozen varieties are not as tasty. This is probably my last ode to my favourite veggie…

 Ingredients

2 cups boiled peas
2 tbsp cashews
1.2 cup yogurt
Seeds of 2 green cardamoms
½ tsp cumin seeds
4 onions
1” piece of ginger
2 tbsp kasuri methi
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp garam masala
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ cup milk


Make a paste of cashews and seeds of green cardamom. Make a paste of onions and ginger.

Heat oil. Add cumin seeds. Once the seeds begin to crackle add the onion paste and sauté.

Add kasuri methi, coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder.


Season with salt and sugar. Sauté for a minutes and then add the cashew paste. Fry till the oil separates.

Add milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas and cook covered for 5 minutes.



You can garnish it with slit green chillies,Chopped coriander leaves or quartered tomatoes. 

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...