Tuesday 21 April 2015

Eggless Date and Walnut Choco Mocha Tea Cake

Eggless Date and Walnut Choco Mocha Tea Cake




I love collecting muffins liners. I have a cupboard full of beautiful and decorative liners of all shapes and sizes. I open the cupboard once everyday and feel happy. Nowadays I look at my collection and then start thinking what to bake in them. What cake would best suit these beauties? Weird much??

So today I took out these rectangular cases. They are perfect for a birthday party because they look so festive. Unfortunately no birthdays or anniversaries are coming up. Where to use them? Then I thought they will work perfectly for high tea. So here are my little tea cakes in festive liners.

Ingredients

1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp coffee powder
½ cup dates, chopped
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup yogurt
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup oil
¾ cup milk
Few almonds, slivered

Heat the milk. Add the cocoa powder and coffee powder and mix well so that no lumps remain.
Sift the flour and baking powder. Mix in the chopped walnuts and dates so that they are well coated in the flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom while baking.
Mix the yogurt and baking soda and keep aside.
Whisk together the oil and sugar. Add the milk-cocoa-coffee mix. Mix well. Now gently fold in the flour. Add the yogurt and mix.
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Pour the batter into square cases. Garnish with few slivered almonds.  Bake for 25- 30 minutes.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...