Friday 24 July 2015

Cashew Brownies

Eggless Cashew Brownies





I firmly believe that you can never have enough brownies. Brownies are traditionally made with walnuts but cashews taste as good. For me brownies have to deliciously chocolaty and so I prefer using melted chocolate rather than cocoa powder. Chocolate makes the brownies denser and tastier.
I have to bake everyday because my son wants to take cake with him for tiffin. For him it has to be chocolate all the time. And it makes me happy to see his face light up every time I bake a chocolate cake. He is my muse and my inspiration.


Ingredients

1 12 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped chocolate
3 tbsp butter
½ cup curd
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup castor sugar
½ cup chopped cashews
½ cup butter, softened
3 tbsp milk

Line and grease a 8”cake tin. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Put the chopped chocolate and 3 tbsp butter on a double boiler and melt the chocolate. 
Whip it well and keep aside to cool. 
Beat the sugar and ½ cup butter till pale and frothy. 
Add the milk and beat some more. 
Add the melted chocolate and mix well. 
Add the baking soda to the curd and once it froths then add to the batter. 
Sieve the flour and baking powder and fold into the batter. Pour into the baking tin. Sprinkle the chopped cashews on the batter. 


Bake for 30-40 minutes. If you feel the cashews start burning then place a foil on top after 20 minutes. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...