Sunday 18 January 2015

No onion no garlic Spinach corn

No onion no garlic Spinach corn



Palak is a versatile dish. Be it soups, gravies or combined with vegetables, they taste good. Tasty and nutritious, a deadly combination. I am so happy that my kiddo loves eating spinach. Have to thank Popeye the sailor man. That is one good effect of cartoons that I can’t negate.

I personally love lots of garlic with my spinach. However when friends come over who are total Jains then I have to modify the dish. This no onion no garlic presentation is easy to make and lip smackingly good.

Ingredients

1 bunch spinach leaves
1 cup seet corn, boiled
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric powder
 Salt to taste
½ cup milk

Trim the stems of the spinach and wash them well. Boil the spinach leaves and once cold puree them.

Heat some ghee. Add the cumin seeds. Add the chopped tomato and saute for some time. 

Once the tomato is mushy add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Fry for a minute or two. 

Now add the pureed spinach and boiled corn. Cook on low heat for some time. Once it starts simmering add the half cup of milk. Cover and cook till the ghee floats on top.





No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...