Saturday 14 December 2013

Banana Cake

BANANA CAKE



Kids hate fruits! At least mine does! I hate to see the fruits going waste. The best way to make the kids eat fruits is to hide them in cakes and pies. I successfully finished off my apples..YAAAYY!!

Now I am stuck with these overripe bananas. Once they get those black spots my son refuses to touch them. I fail to make him understand that with those black spots the bananas are even more nutritious. SIGHH!!

I love this recipe because the bananas make the cake super moist and super tasty.

Ingredients

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
Few walnuts crushed
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 eggs
½ cup curd


Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
Sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat together butter and sugar till pale and frothy.



Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. 



Add the mashed bananas and walnut. 


Mix well. Fold in the flour.



Then add the beaten curd. 



Bake in a greased cake tin for abut 30-40 minutes.








No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...