Friday 20 December 2013

Carrot Cake

Carrot cake




This is for my figure conscious friends who would rather avoid chocolates. I personally believe that nothing tastes as good as chocolates. Dark chocolate has its own benefits. It is good for your heart, your brain, is rich in anti oxidants, vitamins and minerals…but I digress..
This recipe is my ode to chilly winters and luscious red carrots. One of the best vegetables, it can makes an excellent ingredient for sweet dishes. The recipe of this carrot cake is fairly simple and the result is simply awesome..:)

Ingredients
225 gm soft brown sugar
225 gm self raising flour
225 gm freshly grated carrot
3 eggs
150 ml vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon powder

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.


Whisk together sugar, eggs and oil. 




Sieve together flour and cinnamon powder. Fold the flour into the egg mixture.



 Add the grated carrots.



 Bake for about 40 minutes at 175 degrees. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...