Tuesday 25 August 2015

Feather Cake

Feather Cake





I love the name!! Feather Cake!!
The very name made me visualize a cake as soft and fluffy as feather, as delicate as the name suggests. And I was not disappointed. There is no baking powder or baking soda in the recipe and I was wondering how can a cake be as light as feather without the help of any rising agent. The magic is the stiffly beaten egg whites. They are what makes the cake rise.
The cake, when it was baked, was a beautiful sight to behold. The outer crust was golden and inside it was white and spongy. You could actually see the air pockets that made the cake so feathery. Amazzinnngg!!

Ingredients

1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup cold water
½ tsp vanilla essence
6 eggs, white and yolk separated
¾ tsp cream of tartar
¼ tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.

Beat the yolks till thick. 
Add cold water and beat some more. 
Now gradually add the sugar beating well after each addition. Add the essence. 
Now fold in the flour adding 2-3 tbsp at a time. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar till stiff. Fold gently into batter. If you beat at this stage the egg whites will lose their shape. 
Bake in a bundt cake tin for 55-60 minutes.





No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...