Friday 7 August 2015

Spiced Pear Upside Down Cake

Spiced Pear Upside Down Cake
Recipe Source : tasteofhome.com





I love upside down cakes, be it pineapple, apple, peach or pear. It is a great way to incorporate fruits into the cakes. Also the juices from the fruits soak into the cake while baking and they give the cake a unique flavour.

I have adapted the recipe from tasteofhome.com. However I have made certain changes. The original recipe called for molasses which I have replaced with jam. I have used Apricot jam but you can use any flavour you want. Also I have increased the quantity of eggs. And I have used warm milk instead of warm water.

Ingredients

3 tbsp butter, melted
 ½ cup roasted cashews, chopped
¼ cup brown sugar
2 large pears, peeled and sliced
½ cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup jam
1 ½ cups flour
¾ tsp ginger powder
¾ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup warm milk

Pour melted butter in a 9” cake tin. Sprinkle nuts and brown sugar. Heat a little till the brown sugar starts melting. Arrange the pear slices on top.


Make the batter

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. 
Add eggs and jam. Beat well. 
Combine flour, ginger powder, cinnamon powder and baking powder. Add flour mix and warm milk alternately. 
Spread over pears. 


Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes. 





No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...