Wednesday 23 September 2015

Hung Curd Dip

Hung Curd Dip





As dips go this one is very easy to make. It does not have any mayonnaise so it is relatively healthy. The only time taking thing is making the hung curd. It takes about an hour for all the water to drain away from the curd. I usually make a lot of hung curd and keep it in the fridge to use as and when required. Any leftover hung curd I use for marination.
I have used lots of olive oil here. You can increase or decrease the amount of olive oil according to your preference. I have got into the habit of large dollops of olive oil after I started eating at Nando’s. There they serve Pita bread with hummus and olives swimming in extra virgin olive oil. And it tastes awesome!! Extra virgin olive oil is something one can have without guilt.

Ingredients

1 cup hung curd
5 black olives
1 tbsp of the brine the olives are kept in
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt to taste

Chop the olives into small pieces. I have used the brine here because it is also infused with the flavour of the olives. And why waste a good thing??

Mix all together and season with salt according to taste. I love having this dip with naan. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...