Sunday 17 November 2013

Cherry Cupcakes

Cherry Cupcakes


I have a huge demand for chocolate at home. My son is chocolate crazy and he starts sulking when I make non-chocolate cakes. However it is fun to try out new recipes and so I decided to incur his wrath and make these cherry cupcakes. 
The recipe requires candied cherries and not fresh ones and they are easily available. Also they are not too sweet and the ground almond gives it a different flavor. The little red nuggets of cherries in the cupcake are very pleasing to the eye and the palette. Do try them out. 

Ingredients

225 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
75 gm caster sugar
50 gm ground almonds
350 gm candied cherries, chopped
300 ml milk
3 tbsp lemon juice
50 ml butter
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 190 degree C.

Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add the caster sugar and ground almonds. 


Add the chopped cherries. 


Whisk together milk, lemon juice, melted butter and egg.


Pour it into the flour mixture and stir well. Do not over-mix the batter.

 

Put the batter into cupcake molds and bake 20-25 minutes. 


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...