Friday 14 February 2014

Sponge Kisses

Sponge Kisses



My eleven year old has exams coming up so( as you guessed it) we both are a tad busy. But today being Valentine’s Day he tried blackmailing me sentimentally.

Who is my favorite valentine?(of course him!)
What special thing am I going to do for my very special small valentine? (No more studies??? You wish!!)

But this is a special day so I have to make something for him in as short a time as possible. 
I had read this recipe for sponge kisses a while back and I though why not!!!
The recipe is super simple, quick-to-make and hassle free. It does not require a lot of ingredients and it is made in small batches. After all how many valentines can you have!!LOL!!! 

It is basically sponge cake batter baked in the shape of biscuits and sandwiched with cream and any kind of jam you might have handy.

Ingredients

50 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
75 gm castor sugar
2 large eggs
25 gm cornflour
1 ½ cups whipped cream
Few tablespoons jam

Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. 
Beat the eggs.


Add the castor sugar and beat some more till it becomes pale and frothy.


Sift the flours and baking powder together. With the help of a metal spoon fold in the flours.  




Spoon dessert spoonful of batter on your baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.





Once done you will have to use a metal spatula to remove them from the baking tray.





Once cool, spread some jam and sandwich with whipped cream.










No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...