Friday 7 February 2014

Utterly Sinful Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

Utterly Sinful Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies




I am in the mood for something utterly decadent. And what can be more sinfully decadent than chocolates and peanut butter. I know..I know…you pile on calories that way…but what the dickens!! I want something sticky, gooey, chewy, and sweet to make my day.
I have this jar of peanut butter and I keep a spoon beside it so that I can dip in and have the peanut butter just like that. That’s how fond I am of all things divine and delicious.


This utterly sinful brownie recipe is Rachel Allen’s. I have made a few adjustments mainly because my jar of peanut butter was half empty..:) I made do with whatever I had. I made two batches with different cooking temperatures and time settings. When I followed the recipe my batter got a bit over baked and the result was a chewy, caramelized texture. The next time I lowered the temperature a bit and adjusted the cooking time. The brownie turned out to be fudgy. Both tasted equally good. It is totally up to you how you prefer it.

And believe me it is worth making this brownie at least once. You can run that extra few miles, forgo your other indulgences, detox for a week or whatever. But DO NOT…..simply DO NOT miss out on this brownie.


Ingredients

225 gm dark chocolate, chopped
100 gms white chocolate, chopped
200 gm crunchy peanut butter
225 gm butter
300 gm castor sugar
3 eggs, beaten
75 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
Use a loose bottom pan and line and grease the pan.
Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a double boiler.




Whisk together the sugar and eggs till pale and light. 




Add the cooled chocolate mixture and continue to whisk.


Sift in the flour and baking powder. Fold in gently. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Scatter the chopped white chocolate. Then using a spoon put dollops of peanut butter all over the batter.




Bake for about 35 minutes. Remove for the oven and cool before unmolding.
For my next batch I reduced the temperature to 170 degrees and baked for about 40 minutes. It turned out to be more fudgy and chewy.





No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...