Friday 27 March 2015

Sleepy Salami

Sleepy Salami



It is  fun to be young! You can play all you want, sleep all you want and yeah, eat all you want!!

And you gain this realization when all this is behind you!
I don’t remember the last time I ate something good and didn’t feel guilty and start counting the calories. As a kid you have a great metabolism, and also you are always running around and getting exercise without planning to. Whatever you eat is digested soon and you are hungry again.

My preteen son is at this stage. He is hopping and running around. He is hungry all the time. And while he enjoys all kinds of food I can only sit and wonder where my golden years went.

What do you do when your kid demands something to eat at midnight? Too tired to cook something; too late to order anything. Open the kitchen and all you have are eggs and some cold cuts. Well I made a Sleepy Salami. Salami slices in a blanket of fluffy, white eggs!

Ingredients

For one serving
2 salami slices
1 egg
Salt and pepper to taste

Beat the egg with some salt till frothy. Heat a pan and add some oil. 
Once the oil is hot pour the egg and rotate the pan till the egg covers the whole pan. 
Place the salami slices on the egg. 


Fold over the sides of the egg on top of the salami. 


Now fold it in half so that one salami is on top of the other. 


Cook both sides. Place on a plate and sprinkle some pepper.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...