Sunday, 15 March 2015

Aloo Posto Bora

Aloo Posto Bora

The typical Bengali meal starts with a bhaja or a bora. This is usually accompanied by dal. Dal, bhaat, get the idea.

I am a big fan of posto/khus khus/poppy seeds. I can have it as posto bhaja, where first you make a paste and then fry it in a little mustard oil. I enjoy it with vegetables as in aloo posto, jhinga posto, lau posto, etc. I love it with chicken and fish. 

Of all the courses mentioned I missed out on the bhaja bit. There are two ways you can make posto bora. One includes making a paste of it, which I will make at a later time. 

The most convenient one is this Aloo Posto Bora. You can have it with hot, steaming rice or you can have it as a snack. Whenever this bora is made only 30 % reaches the dining table. The rest 70% is eaten hot standing in the kitchen.


2 potatoes, boiled
¼ cup posto/khus khus
½ onion, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Pinch of nigella seeds
Salt to taste

Mix all and mash well. Now heat some oil. Once the oil is hot make small roundels and deep fry them. Try not to eat as you fry. Keep some for others.LOL

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...