Thursday 11 June 2015

No Bake Mango Cheesecake

No Bake Mango Cheesecake







I had kilos of these ripe yet sour mangoes lying around. The king of fruits was not measuring up to my expectations. What to do with them? 
Tried making mango milkshake but had to add so much sugar to make it sweet and palatable. 
A good way to utilize all these mangoes was to make a cheesecake. The colour and aroma was great but I had to sweeten it out and so I used sugar and milkmaid. To make it creamier I added some fresh cream. Add some gelatine and Voila!! Your no bake cheesecake is ready. It takes a few minutes to assemble but it takes about 6 hours to set. 

Whenever I make some dessert I prefer making it a day prior and so the cheesecake gets adequate time to set properly.

Ingredients

5 mangoes, pureed
1 tin milkmaid
2 cups Amul fresh cream
3 tbsp gelatine
1 cup sugar ( I had to add sugar as my mangoes were very sour and adding milkmaid did not cut the sourness. Please adjust the sugar according to the taste of mangoes you are using)

For the base
3 packets glucose biscuits
5 tbsp cold butter, cut into bits

First grease a springform tin with some butter.
Take ½ cup water and sprinkle the gelatine over it. Keep aside.
Crush the biscuits in a mixer. Add the butter bits and start mixing with your hands. The biscuit mix should start getting together. 

Now spread it on the springform pan pressing down with your fingers. Try to keep the while base at an even thickness. Scrape away with a spoon wherever you feel it has become too thick. Keep in the fridge for a few minutes.

Blend together mango puree, milkmaid, fresh cream and sugar. Adjust the sweetness. The gelatine would have soaked all the water. Heat it lightly and let it turn into a colourless liquid. Add to the mango mix. Spread on the biscuit base and keep in the fridge to set. Garnish with chopped mangoes.






No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...