Monday 29 June 2015

Caramel Jam Cake

Caramel Jam Cake







Few days ago I baked the OMG cake. It was OMG because that was my reaction when I was cutting the cake. It was unbelievably soft. I think adding orange juice and pineapple jam/marmalade made the cake so moist. 
So this inspired me to try out more cakes with jam in them. Jam or marmalade not only makes the cake soft but it also gives an unusual flavour to the same old cake.
This time it is a caramel cake with mixed fruit jam in it. Why mixed fruit? Because that was the jam sitting in my pantry at that moment. I am sure any other jam would work as well.

Ingredients

1 cup brown sugar
¼  cup butter
½  cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 ½ cups flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
¼ tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp mixed fruit jam

Beat sugar and butter at medium speed. Add oil and blend well. Add eggs one at a time. Add the jam and mix well. 
Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to butter mix alternately with the milk. Add vanilla essence. 
Bake at 170 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Test with a toothpick to see if the cake is done.  




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...