Friday 27 September 2013

Phata poster nikla hero

I will give it 2 ½ silly smileys…because it is silly and it made me smile. My intellectual friends will turn up their noses at me and my remark has been met by incredulous glances and a sad shake of head. However in my defense when I go to watch a movie I don’t go with the intention of deconstructing it, analyzing it or dissecting it. I love to read Chacha Chaudhri and Sabu and Asterix and Obelix equally; I love eating plain khichdi and Seafood Pilaf equally. So I loved Madras Café and Satyagraha …….and I enjoyed Phata Poster Nikla Hero and Chennai Express..(okay not equally!).

There are times when the everyday mundane things get to you; when you are stressed out after a long day of work; when your kids have made you lose your patience once too often….n for such days such movies are a stress buster.
Leave your common sense at home because not many things will make sense here(90% of bollywood movies rarely do). A smart social worker falling for a nakli inspector (maybe its those dimples)..a mom easily believing all the nautanki her son puts up for her benefit (mind you moms are smart)…a Police Commissioner duped into acting out a charade…a super secret CD that the item girl has to give to the hero in the middle of a dance routine with hundreds of drooling eyes on her ( get a room! Literally!). Nope not much makes sense here.

But you know what I liked about the movie? That I didn’t have to put a strain on my grey cells…that kids were rolling down the aisles with laughter. Sometimes it is nice to sit back and enjoy nonsense. It is okay to be silly once in a while, okay to laugh at jokes that make no sense, okay to be child once again.

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...