Monday 30 September 2013

Jhat Pat Chicken Korma

Jhatpat Chicken Korma Recipe

This recipe is for those days when i am very busy. I am sure it happens to all of you..Raising Day practices..Ladies' Meet practices...family welfare....etc..etc..At times you don't know which side is north. My family and I have survived on Maggi for many days. Of course the kids will be happy to eat Maggi all the time but we start feeling guilty. This recipe doesn't take much time and you can have a simple but tasty meal at hand in a jiffy. Chicken korma of course is an elaborate dish and calls for a number of ingredients. However this jhatpat version tastes as good.

Chicken Korma

Ingredients
500 gm chicken
1/2 cup hung curd
6-7 cashews made into a paste
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 large onion, minced
1 tej patta
2 cloves
1" dalchini
little bit of javitri

Method
If i have a busy morning I prepare the marinade first thing in the morning when I am getting my son ready for school. Mix together chicken, curd, cashew paste, ginger garlic, minced onion and some salt. If you don't have time to drain the curd you can simply use whatever you have handy. Cover with a cling wrap and put it in the fridge. 
The dish takes about 15 minutes to cook. Heat oil and add the khada masala. Fry the chicken pieces on high for about a minute, lower heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. That is all it takes and you have a tasty meal at hand before your kids and hubby arrives. 

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...