Friday 30 November 2018

Banana Coconut Cake






Eating fruits is a good habit. Specially bananas. Unfortunately we are not a fruit loving family. Dozens of oranges and bananas keep lying on the table. As the bananas keep getting blacker ad spotted i console myself thinking that spots are good. The spottier the banana the healthier it is. And finally they turn mushy. Sigh!!!
But this cloud does have a silver lining. We might not be a fruit eating family but we sure are a cake eating one. I try to incorporate all kinds of fruits and vegetables in them. Carrots, pineapples, oranges, pears, mangoes, bananas,  zucchini everything goes into my cakes.
This is a banana and coconut cake. I have used desiccated coconut here. However i have found that freshly grated coconut tastes better. You can add walnuts and raisins if you want. I have not because my son does not like them in his cakes.


Ingredients

1 cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup milk
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup castor sugar
½ cup oil
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
Mix the coconut and milk and keep aside.


Sift together  flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.



 Beat together the sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the mashed bananas. Add the coconut and milk mix. Beat well. Fold in the sifted flour.



Pour the batter into a greased and lined loaf tin. Bake for 50 minutes.






No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...