Wednesday 7 November 2018

Chocolate Muffins



I have a baking addiction. And I am not ashamed to admit it. There are times when I have to be away from home for a longish period of time. Circumstances!!!

There is no place like home and there is no better part of the home than my own kitchen with my gadgets and pots and pans. I can bake to my heart’s content there. But when I am away from my bakingdom I miss it sorely. I start getting these urges to have cakes and pastries. I go to bakeries and browse. I look at the goodies displayed and I realize I can make these easily and make them better too.

It is a catch 22 situation. I want them yet I feel so critical and judgmental about the shop bought cakes. Same is the case when I go to birthday parties. I look at the cakes and go “Huh!! I can bake better ones!!” Thank god I don’t say that aloud or I might stop getting invited to any more birthdays.
Not to stray from the topic..I was not able to bake at my mom’s place for about a month. Finally I made these simple chocolate muffins with the basic items available.

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
½ cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped chocolate, melted

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Beat together eggs and sugar till soft and fluffy. Add the melted butter and mix some more. Fold in half the flour mix and then half the milk. Fold in rest of flour and milk. Add the melted chocolate.
Pour into muffin cups. Bake for about 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if the muffins are baked properly. 

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...