Wednesday 20 May 2015

Eggless Chocolate Cake

Eggless Chocolate Cake




I have many friends who demand only eggless cakes. Personally I feel that cakes with eggs rise better. They have better taste and texture. However what friends want they get. 

So I have been trying out different eggless options. There are so many egg substitutes. You can bake a cake with milkmaid, with yogurt, with oil, with flax seeds. I always tend to add some milk to the batter as I find that it improves the cake tremendously.

Ingredients

1 ½ cups cake flour
1 cup sugar
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup hot milk
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 8” cake tin.
Boil the milk and add the cocoa powder. Whisk well to make a smooth paste.
Sift together flour and baking soda. Beat together oil and sugar. Add the vanilla essence. Add the cocoa-milk mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour gently. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. The cake is ideal as a tea time cake. Cut slices or wedges and enjoy!!




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...