Tuesday 19 May 2015

Chocolate bread

Chocolate bread
Recipe source : Rose levy Beranbaum

I love all things chocolate
What is there to hate
With each lick you wish you had more
And to share it is such a bore
They are sugary, sweet, gooey and delish
Every bite you take with relish!!





My ode to chocolate!! And these lines simply popped in my mind as I sank my teeth into the utterly moist and delish Chocolate bread. When you cut slices they seem like bread slices only darker. When you bite into them they taste like a piece of heaven.

While making the cake I felt the need to change few of the ingredients. For example the recipe calls for 3 tbsp boiling water to make a paste of the cocoa powder. However when I added the cocoa and water it was absolutely dry. I added more water to make a smooth paste.

Similarly I felt that the original requirement of 13 tbsp of butter was a bit too much. I used 7 tbsp butter and added 2 tbsp milk.

It is very nice to get recipes that have been tried before but I feel that it is more important to go with your gut feeling. So feel free to tweak recipes to suit your sensibilities.

Ingredients

3 tbsp + 1 ½ tsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
½ cup boiling water
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
3 large eggs
1 ¼ cups cake flour
¾ cup+ 2 tbsp sugar
¾ tsp baking powder
7 tbsp butter

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line and grease a loaf tin.
Whisk together the cocoa powder and boiling water to make a smooth paste. Ensure there are no lumps. Bring it to room temperature and then add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla essence.

Sift together flour, baking powder. Add the sugar. Mix with a spatula. Now add the butter and half the chocolate mixture. Mix well. Add the other half of the chocolate mixture. Add the 2 tbsp milk to make the batter more pliable. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 40-50 minutes. Cut slices of the lovely dark chocolate bread and relish them. 





No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...