Monday 25 May 2015

How To Make Sour Cream At Home

How To Make Sour Cream At Home


Many of the recipes I come across have sour cream as one of the main ingredients. Sour cream is not easily available in India. One can still get some in big metros but no way in the places I get to live. For a long time I have avoided making such cakes. However it is silly to simply give up just because you do not have that one key ingredient. 

I started searching on net for sour cream substitute, something that I can easily make at home with things that are already in my pantry. This recipe worked perfectly for me and my cakes also turned out great. 

For Sour cream substitute

¼ cup milk
1 tbsp vinegar
1 cup heavy cream


Mix all three ingredients and leave in room temperature for 24 hours. Your sour cream substitute is ready.

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...