Thursday 14 May 2015

Baigan Bharta

Baigan Bharta





Baigan is called the king of vegetables. Why? Maybe because of the green crown on top. Maybe because it is a versatile vegetable. Whatever the reason come winter and I am looking forward to the huge, plump brinjals in the market. They come in many shapes, sizes and colours. However my favorite are the fat ones because they taste best in bharta.

Ingredients

2 medium brinjals/1 large one
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp chopped ginger
Few sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
Salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder

Wash the brinjals properly and dry them. Apply some mustard oil on the brinjals. Roast them on the gas top. Once they are cool, remove the burnt skin. Mash the roasted brinjals.

Heat some oil. Add the chopped green chillies, onions and tomatoes. I prefer not to cook them for too long because I like to have the crunch. After sautéing for a few minutes add the mashed brinjals, salt and turmeric. Cook for some time. Add the chopped dhania patta. Have the bharta with roti or paratha. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...