Wednesday 27 May 2015

Bugs Bunny Nibblets

Bugs Bunny Nibblets




I didn’t know what to call these. Do I call them carrots? They sound so plain and blah! Gajar? Nahhh!! So I started thinking what do carrots remind me of? And the first thought that popped into mind was Bugs Bunny and his “Ehh!! What’s up Doc!!!” He was always nibbling on carrots. So I christen these the Bugs Bunny Nibblets.

Ingredients

For the outer layer

1 ½  cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
A pinch of orange food color

For the filling

1 cup corn
1 cup green peas
½ cup shredded coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste

Few coriander sprigs

Mix the flour, colour and salt. Add the oil and mix. Make a stiff dough.
Boil the corn and peas. Give them a whizz in the blender. You don’t want to make a paste. Just crush them slightly. Heat some oil. Add the cumin seeds. Add the crushed corn and peas and shredded coconut. Season with salt and fry for five minutes. Cool the filling.
Make small balls of the dough. Roll them out thin. Cut the rolled out dough into half. Take one half and form a cone. Put some filling inside and close the top and seal with some water. Make sure that the nibblets are triangular in shape. Do the same with the whole dough. Deep fry the nibblets. Take a small piece of the coriander sprig and insert it into the nibblet. Use a toothpick to make a small hole of required.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...