Thursday 24 April 2014

Eggless date and fig loaf

Eggless date and fig loaf



½ tin mailkmaid (approx 200 gm)
100 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
150 gm fig, chopped
250 gms dates, chopped
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence


Preheat the oven at 150 degree Celsius.
One method is to first soften the dates and figs by boiling then in ½ cup water to which you add the baking soda.

However when I started chopping the dates and figs I found them to be too hard. So I soaked them in water for half an hour. They became quite soft and easy to chop. So I didn’t boil them at all. You can do either as per your convenience.

Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda (in case you have not boiled the dates). Mix dates and figs with the flour. This ensures that while baking they won’t sink to the bottom.


Beat together milkmaid and oil. 


Slowly add the flour in batches. After first two additions I found the batter too stiff. So I added a few drops of milk to help move the spatula.



Pour the batter in a loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...