Wednesday 2 April 2014

Kasuri tikka

Kasuri Tikka



There are times when you feel so hungry and you are watching some food channel or food show..the host is tucking away to glory and in your hunger induced haze you can almost smell those mouth watering aromas. This happens to me very often and I actually drool at the sight of those pizzas, gelatos, batter fried fish (sluuurp)…and I feel like having something deep fried, crunchy, spicy Right Noww!!!

After one such episode I decided to make some Chilly Chicken. I took some boneless chicken and left it to marinate in ginger garlic paste. Then after the hunger pangs subsided I started getting some guilt pangs. Sure Chilly Chicken tastes good but just consider the amount of oil needed to deep fry…

But the tummy was still growling..the chicken was still marinating.. What to do?? I opted for a healthier option. I made chicken tikka with the same chicken pieces. They are not deep fried at all. I usually cook them in a pan with just 1 tsp of oil and they taste real good.

Ingredients

500 gm boneless chicken
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4 tbsp yoghurt
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp kasuri methi
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Few drops yellow food colour

Marinate the chicken pieces in the rest of the ingredients and keep aside for at least an hour.


Now take 1 tsp oil in a saucepan. Sauté the chicken pieces on high heat for a minute, turn down the flame, cover and let cook.


You do not have to add water as there is enough moisture from the yoghurt. The chicken will be cooked in about 15 minutes.

Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.







No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...