Thursday 10 April 2014

Garlic Capsicum Pizza on Homemade Pizza Base

Garlic Capsicum Pizza on Homemade Pizza Base


It seems I have weakness for garlic. I loved the smell of fried or roasted garlic. It gets my salivary glands in overtime. I make this Chilli Garlic Noodles that are full of garlicky goodness. But here is my Garlic, Capsicum Pizza. The garlic here is not just for garnish. In fact my topmost layer is of large amounts of garlic so that it retains its roasted garlic flavor and is not overpowered by the cheese.

For the homemade pizza base

The only good thing about this infuriating hot weather is that the yeast is my friend again. It is blooming once again

2 cups flour/atta
¼ cup lukewarm water+ ½ tsp sugar
2 tsp dry yeast
¾ cup milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Mix together warm water and sugar. Add the yeast and mix. Leave it aside for 10 minutes to bloom.  Mix milk, oil, salt and sugar. Heat the milk mixture slightly. Add the yeast mix to the milk mix. Use this to mead the dough. Remember you might not need all the liquid so add as you go. Don’t dump the whole liquid mix into the flour. Knead well to make smooth dough. 


Cover and keep for one hour till it doubles in volume. Punch back the dough, cover and keep for another ten minutes.


Make balls and roll out into desired size. I went in for mini pizzas.


I often use the ready mad pizza topping to save time. but when I do have time I make my own sauce. And it is pretty simple

For the tomato sauce
4 large tomatoes
4 garlic pods
¼ cup ready made tomato puree
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Blanch the tomatoes, skin and puree them. Heat some oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic and tomato paste. Cook on low flame for some time. Add the readymade tomato paste, oregano, salt, pepper and vinegar. Cook till the sauce thickens.



Pizza topping
The fact is you can have any and as much toppings as you wish. I have kept this pizza very simple and used chopped capsicum, chopped onion, chopped green chillies and chopped garlic.


Roll out the pizza dough. Apply some tomato sauce. Sprinkle chopped capsicum and onions, sprinkle cheese. Lastly sprinkle liberal amounts of garlic and green chillies.



Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree Celsius. 

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...