Saturday 25 October 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Bread

Cinnamon Sugar Bread



My favorite past time is to surf through the internet looking for cake recipes. I am really amazed by the innovations people come up with. It is really tempting to try all of them. However due to exigencies of my situation I am unable to get most of the materials..and I can only look longingly at those wonderful cakes. 
Cinnamon is a miracle spice. It controls blood sugar and high blood pressure. It relieves stomach problems. It is anti bacterial and anti microbial. It is very common in Bengali cuisine to sprinkle a pinch of cardamom cinnamon powder along with a teaspoon of ghee to the dishes before taking them off the flame. I realize the combination is a strong ayurvedic concoction which is good for the stomach. 
This cake calls for a liberal usage of cinnamon. Combined with sugar it gives a rich and nutty taste to the whole cake.

Ingredients

2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar for sprinkling
2 tsp cinnamon powder

Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a loaf tin. 

Mix together the sugar and cinnamon powder for sprinkling.
Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. 

Add the egg, milk and oil to the flour. Pour half the batter in the loaf tin. 

Sprinkle half the sugar-cinnamon mix. Now pour the rest of the batter on top. sprinkle remaining sugar-cinnamon mix. 

Bake for about 50 minutes. 





No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...