Tuesday 28 October 2014

Microwave Choco chip Mugcake

Microwave Choco chip Mugcake



I personally like to bake in a conventional oven. That way you can feel the fresh baked aroma slowly seeping through the nooks and crannies of your house. 
Moreover slow baking imparts a distinct taste, colour and texture to the cakes which is simply not present in the 2 minute cakes. 
However all said and done there is no harm in experimenting. Moreover these 2 minute cakes are just the answer for midnight cravings when you simply can’t spend 20 minutes prepping and 40 minutes baking a cake.

There are so many recipes online. I have taken this particular recipe from isaveazz.com. it is actually ridiculously simple to make and rather nice to eat. Maybe I will try some more variations of these microwave mug cakes. 

Ingredients

4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
 4 tbsp milk (the original recipe calls for only 3 tbsp. however I have added one more tbsp because I felt my cake needed it)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp choc chips

Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa powder in a microwave proof cup/mug.


 Add the egg and mix well. 


Add the milk and oil and mix again. Add the vanilla essence and choco chips and mix. 


Micro HIGH for 2 ½ minutes and you are done!!


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...