Tuesday 21 October 2014

Safed Murg

Safed Murg



Having spent almost two years in Rajasthan I had developed a liking for Rajasthani cuisine. I specially loved the Gatte ki sabzi and Ker Sangr. Infact I was quite amazed to realize that Ker is so expensive. These little wild berries cost as much as Rs 900 per kg. The Sangri itself was in the range of Rs 500 per kg. But once cooked it tastes awesome. I have already posted a Gatte ki Sabzi recipe. Ker Sangri will follow soon. 

The non-vegetarian cuisine is no less awesome. The Lal Maas needs no introduction. However today I am tweaking another mutton recipe to suit my palette. The safed maans is rich and creamy. Unfortunately mutton is not good for your heart and cholesterol. So, inspired by this mutton delicacy I am making Safed Murg.

Ingredients

500 gm chicken
2 onions, boiled
1 tomato, boiled
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp kasuri methi 
3 tbsp cashews, soaked in some hot water
4 tbsp cream
1 cup milk
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp cumin powder
3 green cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon
1 tsp peppercorns

Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry. Apply some salt and keep aside.
Boil the onions and tomatoes. Cool and make a paste.

Heat some oil. Add the green cardamoms, cinnamon and peppercorns. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute. 

Add the onion paste and cook on low heat till oil starts leaving the sides. Make a paste of the soaked cashews and add to the onion paste. Saute for a minute. 

Add the coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Saute for a minute. Add the kasuri methi and cream.

 Now add the chicken pieces and cook on medium for about 10 minutes till the chicken is well coated with the masala. Now slowly add the milk stirring all the while. 

Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. The Safed murg is ready. Garnish with kasuri methi. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...