Thursday 30 October 2014

How to make Sun dried tomatoes

How to make Sun dried tomatoes




Ever have few kilograms of tomatoes on hand and wonder what to do with them. You can make puree and freeze them. However a better use of the tomatoes will be to make sun dried tomatoes. You can have them on pizza or bake them with bread. I like to chew them just like that. 

My kitchen garden yields  lots of tomatoes. They are of the lcal variety and have a sharp sour tang to them. Making a puree is not a preferable option for me because when added to gravy it make them quite sour. Whereas if you use the dried form on Italian food it  tastes superb.

Ingredients

As many tomatoes as you want
Some olive oil
Some salt

Cube the tomatoes. Put them on a big plate. Sprinkle olive oil and salt on the tomatoes and then keep I the sun for a few days. Your sun dried tomatoes will soon be ready. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...