Monday 20 October 2014

Apple Cinnamon Cake


Apple Cinnamon Cake



I am not too fond of apples. I know! I know! An apple a day keeps the doctor away. And also fruits are generally good for your health. Every time I see apples on my table I wonder how to finish them off.
Surprisingly apples taste great in cakes and pies. YUMMMM!!! And it also takes care of my guilt trip. So here is another simple apple cake recipe. It is easy to make. It is soft and moist. And it is irresistible. 

Ingredients

4 apples, grated
170 ml oil
210 gm flour
220 gm sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
50 gm walnuts, chopped
100 gm raisins

Preheat the oven at 160 degrees celsius. 
Beat the eggs and sugar well till it becomes white and foamy.
 Mix in the grated apple and oil. 
Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, walnuts, raisins and vanilla essence. 
Pour the batter into a greased cake tin. Bake for 40 -50 minutes. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...