Friday 7 November 2014

Chicken Nibblets

Chicken Nibblets



I am often left with chicken bits and scraps after I take out meat for mince. Sometimes I make chicken stock out of them. This time I had lots of chicken wings that had accumulated over the days. I decided to make a snack out of them and I decided to call them Chicken Nibblets. Because you can nibble on them while watching television. It is hot and spicy..an Indianised chicken wings recipe. 

Ingredients

500 gm chicken wings (or any other scrap pieces you have)
2 onions, chopped
5 garlic pods, chopped
2” ginger, chopped
2 bay leaves
½ cup curd

For spice mix

8 whole chillies
2 tbsp whole coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
4 cloves
1” cinnamon
1 tsp peppercorns
12 tsp grated nutmeg
2 black peppercorns
1 tsp turmeric powder
Dry roast the spice mix ingredients and grind them. 



Marinate the chicken in curd, spice mix and 1 tsp salt for 2 hours.


Heat some oil. Add the bay leaves, ginger and garlic. Add the chopped onions and sauté on high flame for 2 minutes. Add the marinated chicken pieces. Fry for 5 minutes, sprinkle a little water, cover and cook till done. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...