Thursday 13 November 2014

Homemade Tandoori masala

Homemade Tandoori masala




When life gives you lemons make lemonades. When life does not give you tandoori masala make some on your own. Geez that’s bad rhyming. However the sentiment is true.
 It all started a few days back when I badly wanted to have paw bhaji. I searched all over the tiny little market here but couldn’t find any paw bhaji masala. Staying in big cities we take so many things for granted. For example our neighbourhood grocery store caters to all our needs..and if it doesn’t then we can always go to malls.
 So when I couldn’t find any pawbhaji masala I decided not to be dependent anymore on the local market. Generally we have all the ingredients required to make the masalas. I am starting with Tandoori masala which can be used with chicken and mutton dishes. 

Ingredients

10 dry red chillies
5 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fenugreel seeds
5 green cardamoms
2 black cardamoms, seeds removed
2 tsp peppercorns
6 cloves
2” cinnamon
1 tsp saunth
1 tsp dry garlic
1 tsp nutmeg powder
2 tsp mace
2 tsp kasuri methi
1 tsp turmeric powder
Dry roast all the ingredients and grind them. 




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...