Wednesday 5 November 2014

Pancakes

Pancakes





My son has developed an interest for cooking. He wants me to show him how to make his breakfast of single fry, omelette and scrambled eggs. Of course he is under supervision whenever the flame is on. 
Conservative mindset may frown at the idea of teaching a male child cooking. But I feel that food is a basic necessity and it is important that each individual must learn how to sustain oneself. 
He has been after my life to make pancakes. He downloaded a few recipes and tried it out. So today, seing his interest, I decided to have a pancake cooking event. 

Ingredients
(This makes about 6 fluffy pancakes)

1 cup flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
¼  cup oil
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix all the ingredients. Heat a flat pan or tava. Put one large ladle full of batter on the tava. Do not spread like dosa batter. The batter will spread a little on its own. Keep the flame on low and let it cook. If you want you can drizzle a little oil on the pan. After 3 minutes flip the pancake and cook the same way. 
Pancakes taste best with pancake syrup. You can also drizzle some honey on top. There are some many fruit based toppings for pancakes. But today I have made plain pancakes with syrup. 




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...