Thursday 13 November 2014

Lahori Chciken Chargha

Lahori Chciken Chargha




This recipe is from across the border. It reminds me of the song form the film Refugee..Panchi, nadiya, pawan ke jhonke..koi sarhad kya unhe roke..These are lines made on the map that have etched themselves in the hearts and minds of people. 
The sun, sand, wind knows no borders. Neither does food. A shared cuisine still exists. The way of cooking, the spices used, the names of the food..are still the same. I am sure when they cook over there the smell wafts to our side as well.

Ingredients

800 gm chicken
4 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup curd
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp green chilli paste
1 tsp turmeric paste
2 tbsp tandoori masala ( I used homemade tandoori masala)

Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, curd, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, tandoori masala and salt overnight or for at least 6 hours. Bring back to room temperature. Steam the chicken pieces for 25 minutes. I did it in a momo steamer.



 Your chicken is cooked. However the masalas may still have a raw taste. So heat some oil in a pan. Saute the chicken pieces well on both sides. Serve with onion rings..




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...