Monday 3 November 2014

Makhmali Spinach Corn

Makhmali Spinach Corn




Spinach and corn is an awesome combination. I usually make it with lots of onion and garlic. I am specially fond of garlic. So when I had friends coming over who did not eat any onion or garlic I was in a fix. How was I supposed to add flavour to the dish? Boiled corn and boiled spinach can be very bland if not accentuated by some strong flavour. So I decided to try this out and it turned out very well. 

Ingredients

2 bunches of spinach
2 cups corn
1 ½ cups milk
1 tsp cumin seeds
 Salt to taste
1 tsp garam masala

Boil the corn with some salt and sugar. This makes the corn more juicy. 
Wash the spinach well and chop very fine. Heat a little oil. Add the cumin seeds. Now add the spinach and saute on high flame for 5 minutes. Now add the corn and garam masala and toss for a few minutes. Add the milk and let it simmer till cooked. Add the salt at the last. 


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...