Monday 26 May 2014

Choco Lava Cake

Choco Lava Cake



This was made on the request of a dear friend of mine. Also I really need little or no excuse to make something chocolaty. We have often had these in the coffe houses and pizza places. Thery are really easy to make. The lava flows because of the flour: chocolate combination. There is just enough flour to form a cake but the chocolate is in such large quantities that it overpowers the flour. Bake it till it gets set but is still jiggly wiggly. That means the inside is lava like.

Recipe source : NDTV cooks

Ingredients

135 gm dark chocolate/approx 1 ¾ cup
95 gm butter ( I put in the whole Amul slab)
2 eggs
2egg yolks
35 gm / 1/3 cup (approx) flour

In the recipe the measurements were given in grams. I weighed them out and then tried to measure them in cups. Hence the cup measurements are given in approx..:)

Preheat the oven to 200 degress Celsius.
Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave for 1 minute.


 Mix well.
Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks.


 Add the sugar and mix well. Add the chocolate mixture and beat well.  


Now gently fold in the flour. Here I also added 1 tsp vanilla essence which was not part of the recipe.


Pour the batter into greased ramekins or moulds. They are best done in ramekins. However in case you don’t have ramekins you can use jelly moulds or silicon cupcake mouls. I have used all three here.


Butter the moulds and then dust well with flour because you want the cakes to unmould.


The recipe mentioned 9-10 minutes as baking time. however after trial and error I found it better if you bake for 5-6 minutes.


OBSERVATION:  I baked the first ramekin set for 10 minutes. they turned out well but the inside was not flowing. It was merely soft but set. So I ate it up while I baked the next batch.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...