Saturday 31 May 2014

Savoury Egg Muffins

Savoury Egg Muffins




Mothers are devious creatures by nature. They have to be when they have to force health and goodness down their kids’ throats everyday. 

I fail to understand why my son does not realize that if he eats fruits and vegetables it is not going to benefit me in any way. I am not going to have better eyesight, sharper mind or fitter body if he ingests fresh and healthy food. On the other hand those junk foods are  a burden on the pocket now and will be later if he has to face childhood obesity, diabetics and what not.

These Savoury Egg Muffins are a good way to sneak in all that your child detests. This being the summer month I didn’t get carrots or beans. So I made do with spinach and corn. Since I was making it solely for him I also added some cheese. You can avoid cheese if you wish.

 Ingredients

2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup spinach, chopped
¼ cup corn, boiled
¼ cup cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste


Beat the eggs and add rest of the ingredients to it. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Pour the egg batter into moulds and bake for 20 minutes.






No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...