Saturday 24 May 2014

Ebony and Ivory cupcakes

Ebony and Ivory


What do you do when you get bored? I bake!! It is therapeutic and you always end up with something beautiful. Also something that takes care of your midnight pangs of hunger!!
This time I was not in a mood for something elaborate. So I decided to bake a very basic cupcake but didn’t want it to be mundane. So I played around with the batter and made these Ebony n Ivory muffins. Played mix and swirl with the batter was fun. And my son really enjoyed the black and white cupcakes.

Ingredients
1 ¾ cups flour
120 gms butter
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk+ 2 tbsp milk
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.


Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence well. Sift together flour and baking powder. 

Add the flour and the milk in alternating batches starting and ending with flour. 

Now divide the batter into two equal parts. One part is the vanilla batter. To the other add ½ cup flour and 2 tbsp milk. Mix well. 

Put both the vanilla and the cocoa batter in two piping bags. Line a cupcake tray with paper cups. 



Now have fun!! Mix the two batters as you like, horizontally, layered or marbled. Bake 15-20 minutes. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...