Saturday 31 May 2014

Pina Colada cupcakes

Pina Colada cupcakes





The other day a post about mocktails and cocktails started me thinking about my favourite mocktail: Pina Colada. A lovely combination of pineapple juice, coconut cream and vanilla ice cream. MMMMMMM!!!! So how about some Pina Colada Cupcakes? They combine the same flavours in the form of a cupcake.

Ingredients

12/3 cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter, melted
1 large egg
½ cup pineapple juice
½ cup coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat the oven at 170 degrees Celsius.
Sieve the dry ingredients together.

Beat the butter and then add the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat well.

Add the egg and mix well. Add pineapple juice and coconut milk and vanilla essence. Beat well.

Fold in the flour. Pour the batter into individual cup cake moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes.

The cupcakes were ready and then I started thinking about the frosting. The most hassle free frosting is the whip cream. 
However, I wanted to add some other element to it. The problem as I didn’t have any other element. Some fruits would have been nice. So I raided my son’s cupboard and came up with these strawberry jelly candies. 


I took a handful and blended them into a rough paste with the help of some milk. These I added to the whipped cream and Yeppee!! My element was ready.

For Frosting
1 cup whipping cream
10 strawberry jelly candies
2 tbsp milk
Few more for garnishing


Blend the jellies and milk into a rough paste. You want the strawberry jelly bits to come into your mouth. Whip the cream to stiff peaks. Add the jelly paste. Frost designs on the cupcakes. 



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...