Tuesday 6 May 2014

Potol Posto

Potol Posto


This is one dish I make a lot during the summers. Mainly because potol/parwal is easily available. And mostly because I love khus khus. I add it to potol, potatoes, lauki, jhinga..u name it. Infact I love it without any vegetables also. Just soak, grind, fry and have with rice and onions. Heavenly!!!


Ingredients

5-6 potol/parwal, halved
¼ cup khus khus, soaked
½ tsp kalonji
Salt to taste
]1/2 tsp turmeric
Pinch of sugar


Make a paste of the khus khus with little water. 


Heat some oil. Add the kalonji seeds. Now add the parwal pieces and fry for 4 minutes. 


Add the khus khus paste and fry some more. Once the mixture turns a bit dry add some water, salt and turmeric. 


Cover and cook on a low flame till the parwal gets cooked. The dish should not be very dry. Enjoy with hot rice. 


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...