Thursday 29 May 2014

Mango Custard Flan

Mango Custard Flan



I wanted to make some basic caramel custard flan when I spied the overripe mangoes sitting on my table. So after making shreekhand, cheesecake, pudding, shake etc I thought why not some mango Custard Flan?

Ingredients

1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp water
1 cup mango puree
½ can milkmaid/condensed milk
2 tbsp cornflour
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk

First step: Open the can of evaporated milk and have a tablespoon..Ahhhh that is bliss!!!!


Well that not being an actual step in the recipe we can now move on!!:)

First make the caramel. Put the sugar and water in a pan on high heat. Stir a little and let the sugar melt and start to brown. Once it caramelizes pour the caramel into 4 individual moulds. This recipe is good enough for four flans. Swirl the caramel around a bit and then set aside.

Mix together milkmaid, milk, beaten egg, cornflour and mango puree. Beat well with a hand mixer. I had some caramel left over and I added it to the batter. 


Now scoop the batter equally into the four moulds.


Preheat the oven at 170 degrees Celsius.
Take a large shallow pan and fill it halfway with water. Put it in the oven while it is being preheated.
Now place the four moulds in the pan with the warm water. This is a water bath. The water will provide moisture while baking ensuring that the flan does not become dry.



Bake for about 40 minutes. 




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...