Saturday 1 December 2018

Apple Pie Bread




Do you know what is easy?
Baking!! And do you know what is difficult?
Writing the recipe and putting it up on your blog!
That is where I become super lazy. Baked, eaten and appreciated. Let us be done with it. But then you have a blog and you have to keep updating it.
I gotta tell you that this blog thing is tough. It needs dedication, perseverance and a lot of your time. it has been 3 years since I started blogging and it has been baby steps all the way. From a blog I expanded to my own website. The baby grew. But then growth is a learning curve. And in this day of technology and virtual world I had a tough time catching up with the rest. I watched. I learnt.
Now almost 400 posts later I feel content in all the love I have received.
So onwards ho it is. Sharing my recipes like always.
Warm Apple Pie Bread. The very name sounded interesting. I came across this recipe in “spendwithpennies”. So there is apple. Then it is baked in a loaf tin hence the bread. Why the pie, you may wonder!! It is because chopped apple and cinnamon is pressed between the batter creating a soft centre ,somewhat pie like.
Is it good? It is an excellent recipe! And it gets a five star rating!


Ingredients

2/3 cups brown sugar
½ tbsp. cinnamon powder
1/3 cup white sugar
½  cup butter, softened
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 large apple, peeled and chopped small
1 tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven 170 degrees. Line and grease a loaf tin.
Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar for 5 minutes. Add beaten eggs and vanilla essence. Sift together flour and baking powder. Gently fold the flour into the egg mix. Do not overbeat.
Mix together chopped apple and cinnamon powder.
Spread half the batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle half the apple on the batter. Add the rest of the chapped apple into the remaining batter. Now spread this batter and apple mix over the first layer.
Bake for 40 minutes. Drizzle the melted butter on the loaf and then bake another 10 minutes.
Apple Pie Bread
The goodness of apples incorporated into the cake. Chopped apple and cinnamon powder filling in the center to create a soft pis like texture.
If an apple a day can keep the doctor away then having this bread will surely keep your medical bills down!!
Jokes apart, adding fruits to cake always improves the flavour and texture.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...