Saturday 1 December 2018

Pizza Bread Bowls



I wanted to learn the art of bread making. I had made bread rolls, pav, burger buns etc earlier but I wanted to learn the tricks of the trade from a professional. So I attended this four day workshop on breadmaking. It was a wonderful experience. I learnt so much about the technicalities of bread, yeast, proofing, scoring, knock backs. We were taught about 6 different recipes and each day we would practice that. Now practice is a good thing but then we would end up with scores of bread that we would take home everyday. After 2 days my family refused to have any more bread and I was left with these delectable things. What to do with them?? So I started improvising!!
I had lots of Kaiser rolls. I decided to make pizza bread bowls out of them. I had seen something on similar lines on facebook and I improvised on it.


Ingredients

4 Kaiser rolls/round bowl shaped bread
4 tbsp pizza sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella
½  cup chopped onion
½  cup chopped capsicum
Few olives, chopped
Chopped paneer or sausages or salami  as per your choice
1 tbsp pizza seasoning


First slice off the top of the Kaiser rolls. Now scoop out the bread from inside so that you are left with a hollow bowl. Apply 1 tbsp pizza sauce in each bowl. Now start layering with cheese, salami, chopped onion, capsicum and olives. Sprinkle some pizza seasoning on top. Layer with cheese and put the tops back on. Press down with a heavy plate or chakla. Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Your pizza bread bowls are ready.











No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...