Saturday 1 December 2018

Hummus




Honest confession!! I love licking the mixie jar once my hummus is ready. I love the flavour of garlic and I use it liberally. The sharp tang of freshly crushed garlic is out of this world!! There are times when certain ingredients are missing from the pantry. In such cases make do with the next best thing. The hummus recipe requires Tahini which is a sesame seed paste. Since Tahini is not a common thing in Indian cuisine most kitchens do not stock it. Sure you can make some Tahini separately. But the problem is that while blending sesame seeds in a jar you need a certain amount to make sure that the paste is smooth. And after using about a spoonful of Tahini you are left with the rest and don’t know what to do with it. So the next best thing is to use roasted sesame seeds directly into the hummus ingredients. It doesn’t make that much difference to the taste. And if you are out of sesame seeds as well then make do without it. The hummus will still taste finger licking good.


Ingredients

½ cup cooked kabuli chana ( I usually make falafel and hummus together and so take out half a cup of cooked kabuli chana from the 2 cups i soak)
6 garlic pods
2 tbsp sesame seeds, dry roasted
1 tbsp olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt to taste

Put all the ingredients in a mixie and blend to a smooth paste. You can add some water if you want.
Drizzle some more olive oil on top.


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...